About the Artist, Anjali:
I have ten years experience as a woodcut artist and exhibit internationally. I have both a Masters and Degree in Printmaking. I love teaching new skills with the beauty of this ancient print form. I am the founder of @studio_printmaking. I teach variety of media to students of all ages and love working with them to bring out there unique artistic style. I am passionate about art and art education. I am a recipient of Best Emerging Artist Award by Amity Art Foundation.
Here's what you'll learn at this workshop:
Woodcut is among the oldest printmaking techniques, and continues to be a strong graphic tradition today. This workshop will introduce you to the tools and methods needed to allow you to carve and print from your own relief woodblocks. You will explore carving techniques to obtain a range of texture, depth, and dramatic contrast to create strong visual statements in your artwork. We will also study examples of the woodcut throughout history, allowing you to see the different possibilities of this expression.
Relief printing is even a process that can be practiced in a home studio once you’ve been introduced to the basics!
- Stage 1 - The workshop will cover the use of tools to design, draw and cut woodblocks and explore the process of hand printing using rollers on three types of paper.we will learn how to carve woodblocks safely using different techniques of mark making To print your woodblocks by hand.
- Stage 2 -Students will dive into the fundamentals of woodblock printing: from transferring a drawing onto the woodblock, exploring varied carving techniques, and creating ink impression on traditional printing paper. Each student leaves with mini edition of A4 fine art relief prints on archival Japanese fiber paper.
- Your own hand carved wood block
- Three prints on archival paper
- The fun of making art with lots of inspiration
- Wood block
- Specialty relief carving too
- Reference sheet
- Transfer Paper
- Brayer (ink roller)
- Ink Knife
- Traditional Black Water-based Relief Ink
- Paper - newsprint, archival paper for final printing
What to bring?
Open minded attitude and a will to learn new skills
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Date: January 9th & 10th, 2021
- Session 1 - January 9th - 10.30am to 12.30pm (IST)
- Session 2 - January 10th - 10.30am to 12.30pm (IST)
- Duration: 4 hours (2 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.1299/-
For queries, contact us at:
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849