Realistic Charcoal Portrait workshop by Richa Agarwal on October 3rd & 4th
About the Artist:
My name is Richa Agarwal (@richa_agarwal_art). I am a realistic charcoal and graphite sketch artist from Siliguri, West Bengal. I mostly specialize in making realistic portraits by the healthy combination of both graphite and charcoal as art mediums. Apart from portraits, I have also worked on landscapes, still life and caricatures. I conduct art workshops and online sessions to impart basic knowledge of perfecting the features of a realistic and hyper realistic portrait.
- The participants would learn the basics of perfecting a portrait using the combination of both charcoal and graphite.
- I would start with basic gradient and tonal study and then move on to the introduction of Proportion study that is very significant when one starts a portrait.
- There are varied techniques of getting the right proportion based on the reference image given.I would definitely throw light on those techniques.
- Making a portrait using the healthy combination of graphite and charcoal.
- Introduction to varied tools, art supplies, and how one must use these tools to get a desired effect would be part of my workshop.
- Techniques for making hair, the use of paper stumps, the thorough use of different erasers, techniques to create an illusions
- The way the charcoal powder and graphite pencil can be blended together shall be few of the highlights of my workshop.
- I would also make sure that basic detailing techniques are highlighted by showing the participants how to make the skin texture, pimples, and the crevices that are mostly visible in human face and hands.
- 2B, 4B, 6B, graphite pencils
- Charcoal powder
- Smooth drawing paper (above 180 gsm)
- Tissue Paper
- Earbuds, blending stumps, or Q tips
- Soft and clean brushes
- Erasers like kneaded or tom-bow mono eraser (Can be done without them too)
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
Duration: 5 hours
- Session 1: October 3rd - 4.30pm to 7pm (IST)
- Session 2: October 4th - 4.30pm to 7pm (IST)
Cost : Rs.1199/-
(Recorded Session Available. During registration you can choose to get teh Recorded version if you aren't able to attend the Live workshop. Recording will be accessible for 72 hours)
Limited Seats Available! Click below to Block Your Seats!
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 96772 38849 / +91 91768 08449