Persian Illumination (Tezhip) Masterclass by Mariyah on Nov 28th, 29th Dec 5th & 6th
About the Artist, Mariyah (@mariyahfarooquiart):
Art was never created in isolation, this is Mariyah’s motto, the artist behind House of Mariyah. At the age of 11, Mariyah was introduced to the world of Oil painting which she pursued and mastered through out her school years. With this introduction into the art world, she broadened her artistic horizons and went on to learn various art forms from the world over.
Finding beauty in traditional art, she created a niche wherein she assimilates various traditional art forms to create contemporary works of art. She is an avid student and practitioner of Kirigami (Japan), Persian Illumination(Persia), Sacred geometry (Persia) And Arabic Calligraphy (Thulung and Nasak script). She is self taught as well has had the opportunity to study under masters of various arts.
As she believes that art was not created in isolation , neither should the knowledge of these art forms be limited to their particular regions. Therefore, upon observing and personally experiencing the troubles of finding proper teachers and relevant educational material on Persian illumination, she has decided to help bridge this gap and to conduct workshop in the art of Persian Illumination.
Persian illumination is a 13th century art form which originated in Persia and incorporates the heavy use of gold along with arabesque and floral elements to represent nature in a divine form. The basis of which lies in balance and symmetry.
Here's what you'll learn at the workshop:
Session 1 (2 hrs):
- Overview of history of Persian Illumination
- Practice drills
- Basic structure elements
Session 2 (3 hrs):
Session 3 (2 hrs):
- Top view flowers
- Side view flowers
Session 4 (2 hrs):
- Placement of elements
- 1 complete final drawing
Session 5 (2 hrs):
- Painting techniques
- Regular sketch paper - for drawing
- 120 GSM or higher paper for painting.
- Graph sheet/grid/ dot sheets (optional)
- Basic acrylic or Gouache paints
- Black acrylic/gouache paint
- Gold paint(optional)
- Paint brush- size 0 or 000
- Print out of the practice sheets mailed to them
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Date: November 28th, 29th, December 5th & 6th
- Session 1 - November 28th - 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Session 2 - November 29th - 9am to 12pm
- Session 3 - November 29th - 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Session 4 - December 5th - 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Session 5 - December 6th - 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Duration: 11 hours (5 sessions)
Cost : Rs.2799/-
Recorded Session Available:
- In case you aren't able to attend the live workshop, you can choose to get the Recorded Session during Registration.
- You will get 96 hours to watch the recording.
- In case, you aren't able to attend one live session, let us know an hour before the start of the session so that we can get you the recorded version.
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849