About the Artist:
My name is Niranjan (@soulflowart). I am an artist who works with the medium of traditional pen and ink. I combine my love for traveling and storytelling to share compelling stories that have inspired me and will inspire my audience to follow their dreams and live their lives to their fullest potential.
We have mentioned below what you will be learning in each of the sessions:
In this Masterclass you will learn to create realistic textures using just black and white drawings to create a final art piece.
Session 1 - Foundations 1 (2.5 hours):
- Foundational lessons on usage of materials, hatching, cross - hatching etc.
- By the end of the sessions any beginner level participant would get a through understanding on using the medium of pen illustration.
Session 2 - Foundations 2 (2.5 hours):
- In this session participants will apply the knowledge gained in session 1 to make basic geometric shapes such as cylinder, sphere, cubes etc.
- By the end of the session participants would get an understanding of creating 3-dimensional illustrations with the proper application of light and shade.
Prerequisite: You should have attended Session 1 or one of the previous workshops conducted by Niranjan
Session 3 - Perspectives (2.5 hours):
- Study of linear perspective.
- By the end of the session participants would understand the rules of perspective drawing to bring depth and realism to a landscape.
- The participants will also during the session draw the reference drawing along with the instructor
Please Note: Mandatory attendance in this session is highly recommended by the instructor this lays the foundational reference for rest of the sessions.
Session 4 - Architectural Drawing (2.5 hours):
- Rendering of building, built environment.
- By the end of the session participants would get an understanding of and have in their hand realistic rendering of buildings, and built environment such as bridge railings, cycles, street-lanes etc.
Prerequisite: You should have attended all the previous sessions
Session 5 - Textures (2.5 hours):
- Study of textures of bricks, rocks, water reflections etc.
- By the end of the session participants would learn to stimulate realistic looking textures of bricks, effects of light and shadow on water, and have in their hands drawing of a bridge with their reflections on water.
Session 6 - Conclusion (2.5 hours):
- Revision of all the previous lessons, adding final touches.
- The conclusive session; the participants along with the instructor revise all previous lessons and in the process complete / get an understanding to complete the drawing.
Prerequisite: You should have attended all the previous sessions to attend this final session.
THIS MASTERCLASS IS SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS PROVIDED YOU ATTEND THE FIRST & SECOND SESSIONS OR IF YOU MEET THE MENTIONED PREREQUISITES UNDER EACH SESSION.
Please note- these are just the ideal preferences, any participant with even a pencil and regular pens can participate and find value from this workshop.
- A4 Drawing papers- Minimum 130 GSM with textures
- Black Nib Fine-liner pens - 0.03, 0.05, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5
- A lot of Enthusiasm
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Session 1 - January 23rd - 9am to 11.30am
- Session 2 - January 23rd - 5.30pm to 8pm
- Session 3 - January 24th - 9am to 11.30am
- Session 4 - January 30th - 9am to 11.30am
- Session 5 - January 30th - 5.30pm to 8pm
- Session 6 - January 31st - 9am to 11.30am
- Per Session: Rs.649/-
- All the Sessions: Rs.3499/-
For any queries, contact us at:
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849