Oil Painting Portrait workshop by Swati Ravi on August 29th & 30th
About the Artist:
I am Swati Ravi (@swatiravi5 ), a self taught artist based out of Hyderabad, India. After completing my graduation, I worked for a few years in a corporate, after which I quit my job to learn German. This gave me more time to focus on my art and expand my horizons. I'm primarily an Oil Painter but have dabbled in other mediums like, Acrylics, Charcoal, Graphite, Animation and my latest obsession, Water colors. Portraits are my favorite subject to paint or sketch.
What you will learn?
- Understanding of the, alla prima method of oil painting.
- Basic face construction
- How to prime the surface for painting
- Under painting demonstration
- Color mixing for skin tones.
- How to use solvents with oils paints
- Techniques of painting a portrait
- How to paint in a loose style
- Background and how to bring the whole portrait together.
- Oil paints : Camlin :- 9ml tubes will do but I recommend getting a slightly bigger size of white paint, as we'll run out of it soon. If you've a set, that's even better.
- Cadmium red
- Chrome yellow deep hue \ lemon yellow
- Burnt umber
- burnt sienna
- ultramarine blue
- titanium white
Note :- if you're not able to find the above mentioned colors, take any red, blue, yellow, white, sienna, umber.
- Oil painting sheets - A5 size oil sheets from brustro are a good option
- Brushes :- oil painting bristle brushes - sizes :- 6 (round or flat) 4 (flat) ,2 ( filbert).
Note :- If you're not able to find these particular brushes, keeping the sizes in mind, any 6,4,2 oil painting brushes will be enough.
- Synthetic brushes of camlin :- sizes 1,0 or any small/minute brushes, that are readily available. One big brush, to prime the canvas with. (any old brush will do)
- Linseed oil, turpentine from camlin. two small plastic cups, to put the solvents in.
- A jar of water.
- Tissue papers,
- Palette knife to mix paints. (can use brushes if in a dire need, but only old brushes.)
- Ruler, pencil, eraser.
For priming the canvas : -
Acrylic gesso and black acrylic paint, If you don't have a gesso, black and white acrylic paint will do.
Participants need to be in a well ventilated room, throughout the duration of the workshop as we'll be dealing with solvents.
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
Date: August 29th & 30th
Duration: 6 hours
- Session 1 : August 29th - 3pm to 6pm
- Session 2 : August 30th - 3pm to 6pm
Cost : Rs.1299/-
(Recorded Version Available)
Limited Seats Available! Click below to Block Your Seats!
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 96772 38849 / +91 91768 08449