Master the Art of Persian Illumination (Tezhip) by Mariyah Farooqui on October 10th & 11th
About the Artist, Mariyah (@houseofmariyah):
Art was never created in isolation, this is Mariyah’s motto, the artist behind House of Mariyah. At the age of 11, Mariyah was introduced to the world of Oil painting which she pursued and mastered through out her school years. With this introduction into the art world, she broadened her artistic horizons and went on to learn various art forms from the world over.
Finding beauty in traditional art, she created a niche wherein she assimilates various traditional art forms to create contemporary works of art. She is an avid student and practitioner of Kirigami (Japan), Persian Illumination(Persia), Sacred geometry (Persia) And Arabic Calligraphy (Thulung and Nasak script). She is self taught as well has had the opportunity to study under masters of various arts.
As she believes that art was not created in isolation , neither should the knowledge of these art forms be limited to their particular regions. Therefore, upon observing and personally experiencing the troubles of finding proper teachers and relevant educational material on Persian illumination, she has decided to help bridge this gap and to conduct workshop in the art of Persian Illumination.
Persian illumination is a 13th century art form which originated in Persia and incorporates the heavy use of gold along with arabesque and floral elements to represent nature in a divine form. The basis of which lies in balance and symmetry.
Here's what you'll learn at the workshop:
- The workshop will provide a brief history of Persian Illumination and will cover the basic drawing elements needed to construct a complete design pattern.
- Students will learn pen pressure control, various basic elements of a pattern like leaves, buds, flowers and spirals.
- Practice sheets will be mailed to them for class as well as additional designs for practice at home.
- With these basic elements, students will be able to construct a simple illumination pattern.
- A4 Drawings Sheets
Workshop practice designs and bonus material will be sent through mail.
- Graph Paper (Optional)
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Date: October 10th & 11th, 2020
- Session 1 - October 10th: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Session 2 - October 11th: 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Session 3 - October 11th: 3pm to 5pm
- Duration: 6 hours (3 sessions)
Cost : Rs.1499/-
(Recorded Session Available. In case you aren't able to attend the live workshop, you can choose to get the Recorded Session during Registration. You will get 72 hours to watch the recording)
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849