About the Artist, Pratik Apurva (@pratik_apurva):
An art enthusiast and kids wear designer by profession. I am a NIFT graduate presently working as a designer with the Madura group. Two years back while surfing Pinterest I came across this beautiful art form of doodling and while over a period of time I have practiced mandalas, zentangle, Madhubani, Kachini and have tried to develop my style through mixing Madhubani with zentangle motifs. This art form has been a source of meditation and has improved my concentration power.
About Madhubani (Kachini) Paintings:
The most globally acclaimed Indian folk art originating in Mithila areas of Indian and Nepal border of Bihar 2500 years ago is Madhubani paintings. Admired for its intricate motifs and symbolism with its bright colours, artistic taste, connection with nature and spiritual /mythological belief makes it very valuable in Indian culture.
There are 5 distinct styles of Madhubani painting which are widely practised – Kachni, Bharni, Godana, Tantrik and Kohabar style. Kachni style is very common and considered as one of the supreme works, as it is mostly done by lines and dots and dominated by red and black to emphasize the contrast.
Here's what you will be learning in this workshop:
- Madhubani Lady: Intricate design of a beautiful woman sitting in a garden.
- Kalpvriksha : The tree of life and have been the object of reverence, adornment and worship
- Peacock : A symbol that represents divine love, knowledge, prosperity, and romance
- Lotus: It implies strength and fortune
- Fish: A symbol of fertility and prosperity
- Madhubani borders and geometric patterns
- A4 Bond sheet for warmup session
- A4 cartridge sheet for final artwork
- Black pen (preferably fine liners)01, 05, 08
- Red ball or gel pen.
- Date: Oct 31st & Nov 1st, 2020
- Session 1 - 31st October - 5pm to 7pm
- Session 2 - 1st November - 5pm to 7pm
- Duration: 4 hours (2 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.899/-
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849