About the Artist, Abinaya Devakumar (@abinayadevakumar):
I am an architect and a product designer by profession. Am a self-taught artist. I conduct private gouache workshops on how to paint botanicals which includes florals and fruits. I also work with pen and ink.
Session 1 - Fundamental basics and techniques:
- Colour wheel theory and fundamentals of Colour mixing
- Learn to make swatches and select right colors for artwork
- Understanding highlight and shadow theory for making any basic art
- Understanding different art materials and it’s properties, brands etc that is used for gouache
- Introduction to gouache paints to understand it’s difference between Watercolours and acrylics.
- Understanding gouache paint consistency
- Different Painting techniques like blending , dual tones, layering etc, using Gouache medium
- Different Brush strokes that can be used with round and flat brushes
- Warmup exercise to start with painting some different leaves with all techniques explained
- Understanding proportion and composition to create different florals that you will be painting along together.
- Create your own floral art work as a final masterpiece
- Understanding proportion and composition to create different full and cut fruits that you will be painting along together.
- Create your own fruit art work as a final masterpiece
- A4 size - cold pressed - 100% cotton sheets - fine grain texture - 7 nos
- Synthetic brushes - round 000, round 2, flat 2, liner 0 - each 1 no
- Palette - 1 no
- Pencil, eraser
- Tissue paper, cups with water, waste cloth
- Compass (drawing tool) with a pencil to draw circles - 1no
- Eyedropper - 1 no
- Any basic artist grade gouache paints that are equivalent or more than the following brands(Minimum requirement of 12 Colors set is required)
- Brustro artists gouache colour
- Mont Marte Gouache paints
- Pebeo studio gouache super maquette
- Daler Rowney Simply Gouache
- Royal Talens Gouache
- White night etc.
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Session 1 - December 12th - 5pm to 8pm
- Session 2 - December 13th - 10am to 1pm
- Session 3 - December 13th - 5pm to 8pm
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO ATTEND THE INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS OR ALL THE SESSIONS
- Rs.799/- (Each Session)
- Rs.2299/- (For all sessions)
For any queries, contact us @
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849