About the Artist:
Hi, I am Shilpa Jacob from Shilpa J Designs (@shilpajdesigns). I love creating beautiful patterns and specialize in botanical illustrations. I work in multiple mediums and specialize in watercolors and acrylic painting. I hope to bring joy and a sense of calm through my artworks. I am an Engineer by education and then I switched to the social sector and taught in an under served community for 2 years. This is where I truly fell in love with art, I would love planning lessons for the children filled with color and joy, and this further enhanced by love for art. I have been painting ever since I was a kid, and I have never really stopped exploring the different realms of art, it simply fascinates me. I love blue seas, green plants and warm cup of ginger-cardamom tea.
The participants will learn:
- The basics of acrylic
- They will learn to blend different colors and create beautiful backgrounds which transitions from one color to another seamlessly.
- They will learn how to create a pine tree silhouette and coconut tree silhouette
- They were learn how to add small elements which add magic to the scene like stars and tiny birds
- They will finally create 2 paintings incorporating all the above techniques. The end objective will be to create a small scene with a vibrant gradient background and silhouette trees .
- Thick paper ( above 300gsm) /Canvas/ wood/ back of a photoframe ( the thick wooden back) A4/A5 size. – 2 pieces
- Masking tape(optional)
- Palatte- can be an old plate /plastic cap
- Wet tissue(optional)
- Acrylic paint, can be fevicryl/camilin tubes, Red , blue, green , yellow, black and white. Optional - Orange, pink , purple
- Round Brush - Size 1 or 2
- Round Brush - Size 4 or 5 or 6
- Flat Brush - Size 6 or 8
- Cotton rag/ tissue
- An old toothbrush
- 2 cups of water
No prior experience/ artistic experience required!
Duration: 2 hours
Cost : Rs.499/-
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849